none
Visual Studio Authoring Extensions (VSAE) Not Present in Visual Studio 2015

Question

• Hello,

I have installed System Center Visual Studio Authoring Extensions (VSAE - download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30169 ) multiple times and can never get them to show up in Visual Studio 2015.  How can I get this to work?

Thank You.

Friday, January 15, 2016 12:12 PM

Answers

• I was able to get this working.  The fix is to open an elevated command prompt and execute the installer from here.  I'm not sure why there were no errors when simply clicking "install" on the installer file.

Thank You

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:49 PM

All replies

• Hi AlphaProgrammer,

It seems that it has two versions, so it would be related to your windows system, my understanding is that if your system is 64 bit, you would install the 64 bit version.

For example, I download the 64 bit here in my VS2015 Enterprise version of Windows 10 64 bit:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30169

And then create a new project, I could get the new project templates here:

So you would check that whether you select the correct language type in the new project window. Of course, please make sure that your system really supports this package.

Supported Operating System

Windows 10 , Windows 7, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8.1, Windows Vista                

• Other Software:Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 18, 2016 7:07 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank you for the information.  I have using Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 and have installed the x64 System Center Authoring Extensions.  However, when I create a new project, Management Pack Templates are not present.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:12 PM
  • Hi AlphaProgrammer,

I also install it in my windows 8.1 x64 Environment, it worked well in my side using the VS2012/VS2013/VS2015.

For example, this is my VS2015 version information in my windows 8.1:

Please open your VS, click help menu->about VS, check your version information.

Actually I install VS2012, VS2013 and VS2015 in the same windows 8.1 machine, I could get the project templates in all VS versions.

(1) Please check that whether you get any error messages when you install the VSAE.

(2) Please also install the update 1 for your VS2015.

(3) If possible, I suggest you re-install your VS 2015, and then install that extension tool again.

(4) Restart your machine, re-open your VS, check it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 6:38 AM
  • I was able to get this working.  The fix is to open an elevated command prompt and execute the installer from here.  I'm not sure why there were no errors when simply clicking "install" on the installer file.

Thank You

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:49 PM