R2 Released version number RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone know the released Biztalk R2 version number?  I just ran the release setup.exe for developers as an upgrade from R2 Beta 2 and the version number did not change from 3.6.1230.0 in the admin screen.  The upgrade was exteremly quick.

Silly question, but, What's the best way to tell if I have the released version? I just got an exe from our admin so I want to make sure he sent the correct setup and not another copy of the beta

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:08 PM

Answers

•  

It should be 3.6.1404
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:46 PM
  •  

Found the registry key.  Kind of strange that the uninstaller did not remove this
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:38 PM

All replies

•  

It should be 3.6.1404
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:46 PM
  •  

Well, I'm in a bit of a bind then.  The install is for the released version of R2.  I had tried numerous times to run the install, it always claims success yet my version stays the same.  No errors in the install logfile..

So I tried to uninstall BT R2 Beta 2.  The uninstall wizard claimed success, I rebooted and tried to install the release version of R2.

Now the installer still detects 2006 R2 Beta 2 version on my machine and fails trying install the release version.  The bet 2 version does not show up as a program or as a something I can uninstall although there are a few files left out under program files.  There also is no BTService.  I cannot move these files or delete them due to "in use" errors.  By what I have no idea.

How do I get the old version off of my box so I can install the released version?  Is there a reg key somewhere this installer is looking at?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:44 PM
  •  

Found the registry key.  Kind of strange that the uninstaller did not remove this
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:38 PM