Custom activity property [ExpandableObjectConverter] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Im sure this has been asked before but after 3 hours searching the forum I submitted:

I have created a custom activity that exposes a public property of type MyType. MyType has a few public properties that I need to expose on the property inspector. In the windows forms/property grid space I would implement a TypeConvertor that inherits from ExpandableObjectConvertor. The property grid then expands to display MyType's properties which can be edited. Im not sure how to achieve the same thing here. Can someone please guide me to an example or documentation.

A simple property such as a boolean displays by default the expected editor without any extra work. I assume this has been hooked up in the metadatastore.

P.S. I have created custom property editors using samples in the WF sample pack and bound them to the property using the metadatatable. However these are simple properties such as string, int and so on. I fear I may need to do the same thing with a complex property i.e. bind each one of its properties to an editor and have a grid like layout for the editor of the type.

Thanks

T

Friday, June 11, 2010 12:22 PM

Answers

• T Rex,

The property grid extensibility model is similar to that of Cider (the WPF designer).  You should be able to use ExpandableObjectConverter in a similar way that you could with WPF.

--matt

Program Manager -- wf designer -- http://blogs.msdn.com/mwinkle
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Friday, June 18, 2010 12:44 AM
    Monday, June 14, 2010 8:24 PM