none
IE 10 and olap cubes processing in windows server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been using OLAP cubes successfully with windows OWC components for IE6-IE9 and Windows XP- Windows 7 with sql server 2005/2008. I have not encountered any issues till then.

But when I try to run my application on Windows Server 2012 with IE 10 browser with sql server 2005/2008, the cubes doesn't render. It doesn't give any error message either. The page just doesn't load cubes. All the other functionality works fine apart from that. Again if you run IE in IE8 compatibility mode it works fine, but if you change the compatibility mode to IE9/IE10 the cubes doesn't show up at all. No error on page. 

The OWC 2003 componets loads fine in IE9/10 mode, but the cubes doesn't render at all. I don't see anything just blank page.

My IE security settings are fine since it loads cubes in IE8/ie7 mode. Not sure if I need to download another piece of software or any other component for the cubes to work.

I tried running IE as admin but still did not helped. 

I know the security settings in IE10 have changed. I am just not sure what changed. If anyone has cubes working in IE10 mode, their complete security settings screenshots will be helpful to a great extent. Right now everything is allowed on my machine, but something is preventing it from rendering.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Nihir

Friday, June 14, 2013 4:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Nihir,

I found that Window_OnLoad function gets fired always even in IE10 mode. Please find the below working sample.

--------------------------------------
    <HEAD>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT">
    <!--
     Sub window_onLoad
      MsgBox "Welcome to my home page!",,"Welcome!"
      status = "Welcome to my home page!"
     End Sub

Sub window_onUnload
      MsgBox "Thanks for visiting. Come by again soon!",,"CYA!"
     End Sub
    -->
    </SCRIPT>
    </HEAD>

Issue you are experiencing seems to be specific to your application.

"Needs further analysis or debugging the code, From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone."

I will be very happy to assist you with the support case.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Avinash

Monday, July 8, 2013 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Nihirshah,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:42 AM
  • Hi Zhang,

Doing some more research I found out it is more related to IE10 and vbscript. When I run my cubes in IE8/9 modes my vbscript function in

<script type="text/vbscript" language="vbscript">
    Sub Window_OnLoad

gets called.

But in IE10 mode this function never gets called. As a result no connection string is generated and no data data shows up.

Is there any configuration I need to do to have my vb function run.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Nihir

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:43 PM
  • Hi Nihir,

I found that Window_OnLoad function gets fired always even in IE10 mode. Please find the below working sample.

<HEAD>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT">
    <!--
     Sub window_onLoad
      MsgBox "Welcome to my home page!",,"Welcome!"
      status = "Welcome to my home page!"
     End Sub

Sub window_onUnload
      MsgBox "Thanks for visiting. Come by again soon!",,"CYA!"
     End Sub
    -->
    </SCRIPT>
    </HEAD>

Issue you are experiencing seems to be specific to your application.

"Needs further analysis or debugging the code, From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone."

I will be very happy to assist you with the support case.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Avinash

Monday, July 8, 2013 6:32 PM