none
Coercion Failed : Unable to Transform the input lookup data into the requested type

Question

• Hi,

I have created 2 lists "C" (child) and "P" (parent)

"P" contains a common value with C and a column of people.

In "C", I have defined a lookup column on P to display and use the people information in my workflow but I don't see the column people. I read that it's impossible to use people information, so in "P" I have create a workflow to collect the people colum information.

Now I can display the information in my list C (with the get method => lookup) but when I try to send a mail I get an error :

Coercion Failed : Unable to Transform the input lookup data into the requested type

Can you help me please ?

EM

Monday, March 20, 2017 4:33 PM

Answers

• Ok, I found.

In the source, it's necessary to use the value as text rather than a string.

Otherwise, well used the login name connection parameter.

Regards,

EM

• Marked as answer by Elmata Monday, March 27, 2017 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Elmata,

I am not very understanding of you, I need to collect the following information to further troubleshoot the issue:

Please offer screenshots about your C and P lists.

Pleas offer screenshots about your workflow steps.

You said "Now I can display the information in my list C (with the get method => lookup)".

Do you mean that you create a column on c to display and use the people information from P? How do you do that?

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hi, ok and many thanks Lisa

My goal is to use the mail contact of the list P (parent) in the workflow set on the libray C.

I created the list P to manage more easily my workflow.

Title is the link between my list and my library.

People is a people type column as you guess ^^ but this one can't be called/displayed/reused in the lookup field (on C)

So I create a short workflow to update the column People WA (work around)

When I add a document in my library C I can see the wanted information.

In my workflow, now I can see and apparently use the mail information (through the column GetFromP: People WA)

I start an approval process to assign a task and I get the error : Coercion Failed : Unable to Transform the input lookup data into the requested type

No way to reuse the GetFromP: People WA column value in my approval process ?

Is it clearer to you ?

Regards,

EM

PS : Any help is welcome :)
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:52 AM
  • Ok, I found.

In the source, it's necessary to use the value as text rather than a string.

Otherwise, well used the login name connection parameter.

Regards,

EM

• Marked as answer by Elmata Monday, March 27, 2017 7:48 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:59 PM