jQuery theme roller, best practices RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using the jQuery theme roller to generate CSS for my app.  No matter what color schemes I use on the roller, when I import them and use them in LS I never get quite what I'm looking for, and which was displayed on the theme roller.  In particular, highlighted text (such as a menu item that highlights when you roll the mouse over it) never looks good no matter what I try in the theme roller-- where it actually *does* look good.

I'm open to suggestions or how-tos on making the theme roller work better for me, dos and don'ts, that sort of thing?

Friday, August 14, 2015 7:09 AM

Answers

• I'm no expert but found the theme roller styles are sometimes overridden by msls.css. Basically what I e done is get 80% with theme roller then address the last 20 in user-customizations.css. Dev tools in you browser is handy for finding applicable classes on the Dom elements and testing style changes. Also handy is the use of !important in your custom styles. HTH. Josh
    • Marked as answer by jim bancroft Friday, August 14, 2015 2:17 PM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 1:54 PM

All replies

• I'm no expert but found the theme roller styles are sometimes overridden by msls.css. Basically what I e done is get 80% with theme roller then address the last 20 in user-customizations.css. Dev tools in you browser is handy for finding applicable classes on the Dom elements and testing style changes. Also handy is the use of !important in your custom styles. HTH. Josh
    • Marked as answer by jim bancroft Friday, August 14, 2015 2:17 PM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 1:54 PM
  • Sounds like a plan, thanks Josh.
    Friday, August 14, 2015 2:18 PM