Many false broken links found? RRS feed

• Question

• User-1084688366 posted

Hello all,

I just installed the IIS Seo Toolkit and I am delighted at all of its features. It has already helped me correct a lot of problems that were in front of my eyes, but I just wasn't seeing them. However, I am having some issues... More specifically, some of the "broken links" are actually not broken. The simplest way to make sure about that is by right clicking on the supposed broken URL and then click "View on browser"... and the pages load just fine.

The only possible explanation I can think of is that since my site is a Wordpress blog, there may be an issue with redirects. However, like I mentioned before, I have a few sites, and I only saw those false "broken urls" on one of the 5 sites that I have tested so far. All the sites are created almost exactly the same way, and the only difference between them are the actual content (text and images). I have used "pretty permalinks" for all my URLs in all my sites, so if there was a bug with that in IIS ST, then all my sites would have many "broken urls" show up. But that's not what I see here.. It's just one site.

I understand that it's hard for you to help me out without me giving you a URL, but I would really prefer not to share any URLs in public. As such, I am posting this thread to see if you have any possible explanation for this issue, and if needed, I would be more than willing to share the URL and continue the discussion through PMs. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:00 AM

All replies

• User-876587097 posted
    From a search, I found this "thread". I am in the same boat as paralemo and would prefer not to disclose my sites. I am concerned as well about false broken links.
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:51 PM
  • User-47214744 posted

If you like, you can send me an email at carlosag at microsoft . com and send me the URL of your site, and I can look at why that is happening. Otherwise it is going to be really difficult to figure it out since we are not aware of any issue that could cause something like that.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:52 PM