Programmatically mapping domain and creating sub domain in azure RRS feed

• Question

• User-460859100 posted

Hello everybody,
    i`am developing a food ordering system and i want user to have chance to create their own space. When user register in system it should create subdomain with users selected name also he should have option to map his domain.
    Anybody know how to achieve that? Abybody know some articles which could guide me thru this or which have any information about that.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:26 AM

Answers

• User-460859100 posted

Yes, i know about wildcard. But i`am wondering what should i choose. I mean Virtual Machine or i can, somehow, manage it with WebSites ? What kind of service i should choose to achive my goal?
    For example: main engine would be on virtual machine and when new user will be registered system will create new storage in azure where all files gonna be kept for that user.
    Or there should be another architecture?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:46 PM
  • User-691245060 posted

Developing Multi Tenant applications for cloud - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff966499.aspx

That will solve most of your questions.

thanks,

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:32 AM

All replies

• User-801004448 posted

i`am developing a food ordering system and i want user to have chance to create their own space. When user register in system it should create subdomain with users selected name also he should have option to map his domain.

It looks like an ambitious plan.

You would need to create wildcard dns record *.yourdomain.com pointing to your server IP.

Application code would need to handle different subdomain abc.yourdomain.com and return correct content.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:07 PM
  • User-460859100 posted

Yes, i know about wildcard. But i`am wondering what should i choose. I mean Virtual Machine or i can, somehow, manage it with WebSites ? What kind of service i should choose to achive my goal?
    For example: main engine would be on virtual machine and when new user will be registered system will create new storage in azure where all files gonna be kept for that user.
    Or there should be another architecture?

Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:46 PM
  • User-691245060 posted

Developing Multi Tenant applications for cloud - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff966499.aspx

That will solve most of your questions.

thanks,

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:32 AM
  • User-460859100 posted

@ramiramilu, thank you!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:50 PM