Adding a office.js content add-in with vsto. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

is it possible to add a office.js content add-in on a powerpoint slide using vsto?

Friday, July 28, 2017 1:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

It is impossible to insert a Content add-in using Office object model. We could only use Open XML library to manipulate the Office documents to insert a web extension. Please visit Create a distributable Excel document with web apps 

It is impossible to use object model and open xml to manipulate a document at the same time. We could only save the document and use Open XML to insert the web extension and open it again, but it makes no sense in VSTO add-ins.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It is impossible to add Office js add-ins using VSTO. They are totally different tech. VSTO is based on COM. The basic components of an Office Add-in are an XML manifest file and your own web application. The manifest defines various settings, including how your add-in integrates with Office clients. Your web application needs to be hosted on a web server, or web hosting service. Please visit Office Add-ins platform overview for detail information.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 31, 2017 1:38 AM
  • Sorry my question seems to be to broad.

I have a vsto plug in and a working office.js  content add-in.

What I want to do now is simply adding the object, which is used to display the office.js content add-in with my vsto plugin.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:38 AM
  • Hello,

It is impossible to insert a Content add-in using Office object model. We could only use Open XML library to manipulate the Office documents to insert a web extension. Please visit Create a distributable Excel document with web apps 

It is impossible to use object model and open xml to manipulate a document at the same time. We could only save the document and use Open XML to insert the web extension and open it again, but it makes no sense in VSTO add-ins.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:05 AM
  • Thank you.

I'll be following that hint.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:36 AM