none
Displaying TextBox in vertical orientiation? RRS feed

• Question

• Localmode reports, C# .Net:

I need to use a TextBox as (essentially) a vertically-oriented Label on a report.

The spec calls for a row of such labels across the top the report.

So for example, assume FinalScore is one such label (for a column of data to be generated at runtime.)

The spec calls for the something like this

F

i

n

a

l

S

c

o

r

e

How do I achieve that??

I've tried shrinking the horizontal size until just one character can be displayed, in which case the textbox will wrap and it looks Ok.

The problem with that is that it is dependent on character width and is therefore very sensitive to formatting changes (and, one might assume, renderer differences at runtime.)

I've also tried to embed newlines in the string after each character. That works in that it forces text wrap after each character. However, at least in design mode the character representation of the newline (\n) is displayed in the string as well (I can't check out runtime rendering just now, I'm working through some DS issues...)

Monday, October 29, 2007 6:26 PM

All replies

• Embedding the new line doesn't appear to work... The TextBox control is both wrapping and apparently breaking on the newlines, but is also attempting to display the character representation as well. I'm not sure exactly what the situation is, I just got back from lunch and have only managed one run  of the thing in the debugger...

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated!

- L

Monday, October 29, 2007 7:41 PM