none
Newbie needs help with install of Visual Studio Community 2015

Question

• Based on the info I received in an online chat with a microsoft support agent I downloaded the setup program for Visual Studio Community 2015.I ran it and after a bit of time the install failed. The error message stated

Setup Failed!
    Install cannot continue because some required components failed.
    Please correct the following problems and restart the setup to ensure full product functionality.

The 2 components it listed were

(1) Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Shell (Minimum)
    (2) Visual Studio Core features

I have gone back to the download area and I am not sure what I need to download to get the missing components. The Microsoft support agent did say anything about requirements that I needed to have before I attempted to do the install (I did specifically ask about that issue)

Where can I download the 2 components I need ?

Monday, February 13, 2017 10:28 PM

All replies

• Maybe you can follow the answer from Lana Xu in this thread

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 12:38 AM
  • Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please have a try with Castorix31’s advice. Before it, try with the following:

1.        Renaming C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18_old and re-run the VS installer as administrator.
    2.        Confirm the administrator is the ownership and full control on the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 folder, if not, took ownership and re-applied permissions as full control on this.

If this issue persists, I need your help to collect the log. Please use http://aka.ms/vscollect to gather the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.zip under %temp% folder. Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:30 AM