none
Biztalk 2010 : Connect to Oracle Instance Using DSN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

How can i configure send port to connect to Oracle Instance using ODBC connection.

Project has been migrated from BizTalk 2006 to BizTalk 2010.

Schema generate in BizTalk 2006 for Oracle Instance is different from Biztalk 2010.

Thank You,

Sachin

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Sachin,

U need to create a new schema using the Add Generated Items Wizard. This Automatically creates the schema. Once done you have to associate your schema with your orchestration.

Oracle DB connection parameters would be available from tns.ora file.

If you are using the old schema the Targetnamespace#root node property would not work in your new Biztalk 2010. Hence you are getting the error.

Racha Rams
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:14 PM

All replies

• Urgent help required 
    Friday, September 16, 2011 11:20 AM
  • Sachin,

Can you please elaborate your problem a little more? Do you have an option to regenerate the schema in Biztalk 2010 and use it? Are you asking how to continue using the old schema with newer version of Biztalk server?

SRG
    Friday, September 16, 2011 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to continue using the old schema with new version of Biztalk Server.

Since generating new schema will need lot of changes and it has been developed a long time back.

Problem  :  In older version Oracle Adapter configuration requires servername , DSN , Oracle Path, Username and Password.

It does not requires which query or store procedure that is through orchestration.

Where as in newer version we have to provide servername, TNSName, port , username and password define Bindings.

In action textbox we have to mention which action it is going to perform i.e Insert,Delete,Update,Select.

But since i don't know action which query is going to perform, i would like to keep older DSN schema and just do the configuration for newer version of Biztalk server.

if i run the orchestration which providing any action following is error 

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "sprtIHNotice" with URL "oracledb://suite13.it.com:1522/QA/Dedicated". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: key

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.CreateChannelFactory[TChannel](IBaseMessage bizTalkMessage)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.InitializeValues(IBaseMessage message)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2..ctor(IBaseMessage message, WcfTransmitter`2 transmitter)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfTransmitter`2.GetClientFromCache(String spid, IBaseMessage message)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfAsyncBatch`2.BatchWorker(List`1 messages)".

Monday, September 19, 2011 9:23 AM
  • As far as I know, the schemas do not work across Oracle adapters like you are thinking. So an old schema will not work with the new adapter. You have to regenerate the schema, sorry.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, September 19, 2011 4:02 PM
  • I have installed The Community ODBC Adapter for BizTalk 2010 and also using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe created 32bit ODBC connection and connected to Oracle Instance.

But currently getting following error 

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "spIHNotice" with URL "ODBC://". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Root element is missing.".

Any idea regarding this.

Thank you

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:46 AM
  • No Reply :(
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:08 AM
  • It seems odd that your URI is just odbc:// - it seems like a property may be missing from your port? Try filling in the other properites.

I have personally not used that adapter before though. Since it is on CodePlex you might try adding a forum topic there on the project's discussion forums.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:36 AM
  • Hi

Having change to WCF-Oracle Db currently facing new issue related to same project.

Below is the query.

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "sndWCFOracleDB" with URL "oracledb://suite13.ie.com:1522/QA/Dedicated". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.MetadataException: Argument /XXTE/Table/XXTE_INV_TRANS_FOLLOW_UP is invalid.

Server stack trace: 

at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.SendAsyncResult.End(SendAsyncResult result)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndRequest(IAsyncResult result)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.IRequestChannel.EndRequest(IAsyncResult result)

at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.RequestCallback(IAsyncResult result)".

i tried with simple orchestration for updating Oracle table but still getting same error.

I am not getting the response back from Oracle and the orchestration goes into dehydrated mode and then suspended mode which throws above error. 

Is it problem related to Oracle or BizTalk ?

Thank you.

Friday, September 30, 2011 7:01 AM
  • Where did you get the URL "oracledb://suite13.ie.com:1522/QA/Dedicated", is it automatically generated by the "Add Generated Items" wizard? If the connection in your wizard works, it should work in your orchestration. From the error message, looks like the problem is in the configuration, should neither be your Oracle or BizTalk servers.
    Friday, September 30, 2011 4:36 PM
  • Hi Sachin,

U need to create a new schema using the Add Generated Items Wizard. This Automatically creates the schema. Once done you have to associate your schema with your orchestration.

Oracle DB connection parameters would be available from tns.ora file.

If you are using the old schema the Targetnamespace#root node property would not work in your new Biztalk 2010. Hence you are getting the error.

Racha Rams
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:14 PM