Can i remove the attribute:XamlDebuggerXmlReader.FileName? RRS feed

• Question

• hi, all. i have a question about XamlDebuggerXmlReader.FileName.

as we all know that sad:XamlDebuggerXmlReader.Filename in the Xaml file stores the physical location of the Workflow Service Xaml.

when we run the same workflow on another machine without changing the physical location, we'll get debugger message say that the xaml file is not found.

then i remove the attribute :XamlDebuggerXmlReader.FileName of my xaml file, run the workflow on my machine and another , both successful completed. and there is no debugger message say that the xaml file is not found.

i wonder why it works all well when i remove the attribute :XamlDebuggerXmlReader. and if i do so, is there any adverse effect?

好好学习,天天向上
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:14 AM

Answers

• Removing the attribute effectively stops the debugger from trying to find the XAML file and load debugging information for it (equivalent to line numbers).

There is no adverse effect from the debugger message, other than the message itself - nor is there any adverse effect from removing the attribute, assuming that attribute points to an invalid file path (in which case workflow debugger is already not going to work on that workflow).

Tim

• Proposed as answer by Tim Lovell-Smith Monday, January 31, 2011 2:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:48 PM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 2:36 AM