none
Copy Activity to CosmosDB with Mongo API

Question

• Hi there,

I'm using CosmosDB with Mongo API.

I've created a Copy Activity, it runs successfully, and i can see in the azure portal, in mongodb data explorer, that the copied data is there.

But when i try to read the data programatically, i get the following error:

"Unknown server error occurred when processing this request."

Reading this post, it seems that Cosmos with Mongo API is not supported, only when using SQL Api. Can you confirm this? Is this feature in the roadmap?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48388377/cosmos-mongodb-query-fails-but-azure-storage-explorer-works-fine

Thanks

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 5:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Nelson, are you trying to read from CosmosDB with Mongo API or write data into CosmosDB with Mongo API?  ADF V2 supports reading from CosmosDB with Mongo API (you need to choose MongoDB connector instead of CosmosDB connector which only supports SQL API today).  Writing into CosmosDB with Mongo API is on our feature backlog.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 12:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Nelson, are you trying to read from CosmosDB with Mongo API or write data into CosmosDB with Mongo API?  ADF V2 supports reading from CosmosDB with Mongo API (you need to choose MongoDB connector instead of CosmosDB connector which only supports SQL API today).  Writing into CosmosDB with Mongo API is on our feature backlog.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 12:08 AM
  • Hi there,

I am trying to write to CosmosDB.

Ok, do you have some approximate date for the new feature?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 10:17 AM
  • Hi Nelson, we don't have an ETA at this time.  We will need to prioritize this requirement against other customer asks based on business needs.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:42 PM