none
Problem preparing hard drive for Import/Export Job.

Question

• Hi,

I’m currently testing the Azure Import/Export Service to see if this is a viable solution for our company. I’ve prepared a virtual hard drive to see the procedure of importing a Hard Drive before doing it for real. When I try to add the journal file when asked to on Azure portal, a new window opens in Internet Explorer with this message:

{"DriveId":"WADT-8C37E266","BitLockerKey":"703923-095029-433972-218581-109626-425183-156970-233970","ManifestFile":"\\DriveManifest.xml","ManifestHash":"C5D004941EEDC91E4F776EA8FFAD21FD","State":null,"PercentComplete":null,"VerboseLogUri":null,"ErrorLogUri":null,"ManifestUri":null}

The journal isn’t added and I can’t find why.

Thanks for the help,

Gabriel Lefrancois

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As this is being worked online I will mark this as answered.
    If you still need assistance with this you could unmark the answer and post in here.

Regards,
    Malar.

Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:30 AM

All replies

• I am checking the issue my team.  One of us will get back to you tomorrow.
    Thursday, July 2, 2015 4:20 AM
  • Can you remove your all sensitive information from the journal file and email the file to waimportexport@microsoft.com?  Please also include your browser detailed information in the email too. Thanks.
    Monday, July 6, 2015 1:25 AM
  • I might have found the problem. I successfully uploaded a journal file by selecting only a small unused folder, where I tried to select the whole system volume when it failed and I noticed that some files failed to be added. Since the operation continued and it still produced a journal file, I assumed that I could still use it. I sent my .jrn and browser details to waimportexport@microsoft.com. If this really is the problem, isn't there any way to upload a whole volume without booting on another one?

Monday, July 6, 2015 2:27 PM
  • Hi,

As this is being worked online I will mark this as answered.
    If you still need assistance with this you could unmark the answer and post in here.

Regards,
    Malar.

Thursday, July 9, 2015 7:30 AM