none
Deploying SQL Server marketplace item in Azure Stack

Question

• Hi,

I have syndicated an Azure marketplace item: Free License: SQL Server 2016 SP1 Developer Edition to my ASDK market place. When I want to deploy a VM out of it, I get an error:

The selected image is not valid for the specified location. Select a different location

See also attachment.

What is going wrong overhere?

Running ASDK version: 1.0.170928.3

Regards,

Theo

Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:55 PM

Answers

• Theo,

You can download the SQL IaaS Extension from the Marketplace.

Also see:  

SQL Server 2014 SP2 Express on Windows Server 2012 R2

This image contains the Express with Tools version of SQL Server. This image does not charge for a SQL license and it is tailored for dev/test and micro workloads. This image has been pre-configured for Windows Azure, including enabling CEIP which can be disabled, for more info see here.

This image requires the SQL IaaS Extension, which must be downloaded separately.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 1:25 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you try installing the IaaS Extension for SQL  Server and then retry deploying your SQL Server?

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:43 PM
  • Hi Gary,

I have tried your steps. The command:

Regards,

Theo

Friday, December 8, 2017 8:43 AM
  • Hello,

I understand you are running ASDK version: 1.0.170928.3

Make sure you running corresponding SQL Resource Provider Version.

In the 1711 version the extenions are installed into the Marketplace.

Azure Stack Build

SQL RP installer

SQL RP version 1.1.12.0

SQL RP version 1.1.8.0

SQL RP version 1.1.3.0

Let us know how it goes,

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:40 PM
  • Hi Gary,

I am running the right version. In an earlier post in this thread, I understood that I also have to install the SqlIaasAgent version 1.2.18.0.

The provided script did not succeed because of the files were not present on the download location.

Where can I download the SqlIaasAgent?

Regards,

Theo

Friday, December 22, 2017 9:18 PM
  • Theo,

You can download the SQL IaaS Extension from the Marketplace.

Also see:  

SQL Server 2014 SP2 Express on Windows Server 2012 R2

This image contains the Express with Tools version of SQL Server. This image does not charge for a SQL license and it is tailored for dev/test and micro workloads. This image has been pre-configured for Windows Azure, including enabling CEIP which can be disabled, for more info see here.

This image requires the SQL IaaS Extension, which must be downloaded separately.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 1:25 AM