Unexpected Error: The drive cannot locate a specific area or track on the disk.

Question

• I can no longer deploy my WIP project onto my device, I get the following error:

Error	1	Error : DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: The drive cannot locate a specific area or track on the disk. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070019)

I thought I may have messed something up, so I rolled back to a previous commit, but I still get the same error when deploying. If I make a new blank test app, it deploys fine.

Searching for this error on the internet, I found that it mostly occurs when the app is not properly configured for background tasks, but this app doesn't have any background tasks.

I've tried restarting the device, Visual Studio 2013, and my PC to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Monday, December 8, 2014 4:27 AM

Answers

• Factory resetting the device seems to have fixed it.
    • Marked as answer by plagueczar Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:16 AM
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Plagueczar,

Thank you for reporting this issue, but the above information if not enough for me to find the problem. You may need to narrow down this issue. Try creating a new blank project, copy code snippet to it one by one, deploy to device. Put more information about this problem here when you find something.

If this does not help, please post a repro sample. Use your OneDrive and share a link here.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:31 AM
  • Ok, so I tried incrementally rolling back the Project's commit until I found one that works.

I've found that no commits work, which suggests it a problem with that specific project and this specific device.

I'm probably going to try factory resetting the device.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 3:14 AM
  • Factory resetting the device seems to have fixed it.
    • Marked as answer by plagueczar Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:16 AM
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:16 AM