none
My Seller Dashboard profile yet not approved RRS feed

• Question

• Few days ago I have created my profile on Seller Dashboard. but my profile yet not approved due to this I am not able to submit my apps on office store. I performed all operation which required for profile approval, but still it is recommanding changes.  

I need help for my profile approval.

• Edited by Jyoti Rgen Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:03 AM
    • Changed type Jyoti Rgen Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:03 AM
    • Changed type JesBModerator Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:49 PM Question about account type
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To followup - did you provide your own company's website in your profile set up?

Thanks,

Jes

• Proposed as answer by JesBModerator Friday, February 8, 2013 5:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by JesBModerator Friday, February 8, 2013 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you sign up as a company or individual?

If you signed up as a company have you been contacted by GeoTrust? (They verify companies for Seller Dashboard).

What changes are recommended in the message that you get?

Regards,

Jes

Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:53 PM
  • Hi Jes,

I used to sign up as a individual.

They are asking for resubmitting functioning url which I have already submitted. After submitting the required URL, they still not approved my profile and recommanding again for URL change. the URL provided by me is related to my apps and give details information to the end users. 

You can see below report which was sent by seller dashboard - 

ACCOUNT DETAILS - CHANGES REQUESTED

Report generated: Friday, January 04, 2013

Partner Name: My Impact
    Partner Id: <took out personally identifiable information>

Thank you for your interest in submitting apps in the Seller Dashboard. To publish your marketing profile in Microsoft marketplaces, please address the following issues:

Please resubmit with a functioning URL that directs to a site describing your professional expertise and/or the apps you are prepared to offer through this site.

Please make the recommended changes in the Seller Dashboard and resubmit your account for review.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Jyoti

• Edited by JesBModerator Friday, January 25, 2013 5:03 PM Took out PII
    Friday, January 25, 2013 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

I took out the personally identifiable information. I will research and escalate this to find out more info about your account's status.

Thanks,

Jes

Friday, January 25, 2013 5:04 PM
  • Hi,

In your post it looks like you have already resubmitted and gone through this process. To make sure though can you try these steps? Note that in your particular case you can skip number 4 since you've already done that here:
    1. Log into Seller Dashboard account.
    2. See if there is a red alert that says they is an error or issue and that they need to update their account
    3. Click “Update account information” in the alert bar.
    4. In the Account/Manage section, there should see a “download report” below the red stoplight that says “changes requested”. Click to open. This should highlight if there are any specific issues mentioned in the report. There may not be any issues listed, in which case go to step 5.
    5. Click “Edit Account”. Make any necessary changes in the fields on the screen.
    6. On next page make any necessary changes and click “Submit for Approval”. This will re-submit Seller Dashboard for approval.

Best regards,

Jes

Friday, January 25, 2013 6:50 PM
  • Thanks Jes, I followed the steps given by you and skip step number 4. Now I have re-submitted to seller dashboard for approval. let see now it will approve or not.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Monday, January 28, 2013 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

To followup - did you provide your own company's website in your profile set up?

Thanks,

Jes

• Proposed as answer by JesBModerator Friday, February 8, 2013 5:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by JesBModerator Friday, February 8, 2013 5:28 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:15 PM
  • Hi Jes,

No, I haven't provided company's website. I don't have my own company. I am working  for one of IT company and that company have Microsoft as a client.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:39 AM
  • Hi,

To get approved you will need to provide your own web address that you own and control. There are a variety of free providers or even blog providers. There are some in use by other individual providers in the store already. You may want to look and see what other partners in the store do.

Your website doesn't need to contain a large amount of content but if you do have content that you've created, it is useful to show potential customers of how you are involved in industry. You can also use it as an outlet to highlight other projects you are working on.

Hope that helps!

Jes

• Proposed as answer by JesBModerator Friday, February 1, 2013 12:36 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:01 PM