Getting control from Running Object Table in Windows10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a code which gets the pointers to the objects from Running Object Table, and access properties present on those objects.

Here the object we are getting from ROT is a COM object [typeof(MSComctlLib.ITabStrip) ].

We are successfully able to access object from ROT and read data from it in case we open Visual Studio normally (non admin mode). 

But if we open Visual Studio as administrator and run this same code we are seeing no ROT object is of type MSComctlLib.ITabStrip.

This problem we are seeing in Windows10 with 64 bit. But not in case of Windows7 64 bit.

To reproduce this issues I have created a VB application which will keep it’s Tab strip control in ROT while opening the application itself.

I can share the code and sample VB application.  Let me know how I can share this? 

Code area to observe:  

1)   if (typeof(MSComctlLib.ITabStrip).IsInstanceOfType(tmpControl)) : Here we are checking if the COM object is of type [MSComctlLib.ITabStrip] . ITabStrip is interop created from MSComCtl.ocx

2)  if (IsSupportedCustomControl(tmpControl, out controlType))

controls.Add(new VBTabControl(tmpControl));

Configuration Details:

1. OS: Windows 10– 64 bit.
    2. Visual Studio 2013 with Update 5.

Note: I hope this post is related to the Forum I selected, feel free to change it if required. 

Thanks and Regards,

Abhilash K.

Friday, April 29, 2016 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Abhilash Katkuri,

>>"I can share the code and sample VB application.  Let me know how I can share this? "

Sorry for my late reply.

You could upload your reproducible code sample to OneDrive and post link here.

I would test it in my side.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 6, 2016 2:12 AM