none
User Profile - Full synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

when I run the User Profile Full sync, if I go to the the running jobs it always shows: "User Profile Service Application - User Profile Incremental Synchronization".

Is this correct or I'm missing something?

I need to be certain that user profile full sync is running.

Tks,

DD

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to check whether the Full sync run success or not, please run the miisclient.exe (C:\program files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Synchronization Service\UiShell) and see more information.

If you meet some errors, please check the following article to troubleshoot the issues.

http://blog.busitec.de/troubleshooting-sharepoint-user-profile-synchronization-service/

About the "User Profile Service Application - User Profile Incremental Synchronization" timer job, you can see only this one timer job in Configure Synchronization Timer Job.

Schedule profile synchronization in SharePoint Server 2013

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee890103.aspx

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 2, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

If the reply help you, please mark the reply as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Best regards,
    Dennis

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 9, 2017 10:30 AM
  • Hi Denis,

When I run a user profile Full syncronization, in the SharePoint running jobs it shows the "User profile Incremental synchronization" running .... it does not shows a "Full synch" job running?!?! 

Thursday, March 9, 2017 11:13 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the description of the "User Profile Service Application - User Profile Incremental Synchronization" timer job.

There is no "Full sync" timer job configured.

If you want to known the process of the Full Sync, please see my reply above, we can use miisclient.exe to monitor it.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Friday, March 10, 2017 1:27 AM