none
linked table 2007 to 2010, copy record when deleted or inserted RRS feed

• Question

• I have a table linked to Access 2010.

The table is from an earlier version of Access 2010.

I know that so events on the table are disabled in the menu ribbon.

How do I get access to the events of the tables from previous versions, which are linked.

What I want is to create a copy of the registry whenever it is inserted or deleted. (backup)

I only have access to this table and can not convert.

Any suggestion?
    Thank you

Friday, August 5, 2016 11:56 AM

Answers

• I solved the problem by running a query that checks the differences between tables and adds the records that are not equal to the backup table.
    Thank you for the tips.

Best Regards,

Pacheco Vieira

• Marked as answer by Pacheco Vieira Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:35 PM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:35 PM

All replies

• What source is the table linked to? An Access or SQL Backend?
    If you cannot access the backend you do not have any access to the actual data, only to the form.

Best regards, George

Friday, August 5, 2016 2:09 PM
  • Hi Pacheco,

Do you link table from Access 2007 to 2010 or Access 2010 to 2010? As you have found, the events of table are disabled, and they are not supported in Access 2007 or Access 2010 linked tables. I check this function in Access 2013, they are supported. I suggest you try to install Access 2013, and check this function.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:51 AM
  • Hi George

Is Access

thank you

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:38 AM
  • Hi Edward

I think the database is an earlier version of Access 2003 and is linked to 2010.

I'll try with Access 2013.

thank you

Pacheco Vieira

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:45 AM
  • I have tried in Access 2013 and the events are not active for the linked table.

Pacheco Vieira

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:21 AM
  • Hi Pacheco,

I made a test with data macros in Access 2013 linked table, it seems there are some issues. Previously, I created a linked table from Access 2013 to Access 2013, and I check the design view of linked table, I could create Data Macros like “After Insert”, so I think it is available. But now, I run the Data Macros, it did not run, and there is no errors. And if I change to datasheet view, the data macros are disabled. I assume it might be unavailable at present. Sorry for this mistake.

For this issue, I suggest you submit a feedback in the link below:

http://access.uservoice.com/

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hi Edward

No problem and thanks anyway.

For database versions, in very old Access.   Does not allow linking tables in Access 2013, I tried

Best Regards,

Pacheco Vieira

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:34 PM
  • I solved the problem by running a query that checks the differences between tables and adds the records that are not equal to the backup table.
    Thank you for the tips.

Best Regards,

Pacheco Vieira

• Marked as answer by Pacheco Vieira Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:35 PM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 10:35 PM