none
Update Project Enterprise custom field from Project site RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering if there is any way to update a Project server (2013) enterprise custom filed from a project list in the project site (or another list in in the PWA site collection if needed. 

Here is the situation:

We have our business partners go to the project site and complete a number if fields:

Business benefits, Business costs etc. These are both totaled and I need to place them in a custom field in Project server so we can use it as part of the portfolio sizing. We don't really want a  bunch of people who don't really need to be in the enterprise resource pool poking around in project server proper Nor do I want to create a bunch of unnecessary custom fields to do calculations on jsut to get a total,  but we also don't want to have to manually reenter the data. 

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Tasks

• Edited by Bob Leake Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:37 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 3:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

Since nobody jumped in, I'll give a try..

First of all, even for accessing the project sites, your business partners will need to be created as users in the Enterprise resource pool, so it won't address your concern. Then it should be possible to update an enterprise custom field based on a list located in a sharepoint site (project site or standard team site) but not by a simple configuration, you'll need to do some custom code.

Except if we are talking about huge volume, I think it is not worth doing such a custom development versus the ROI. Maybe a communication process would address the need with less effort.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Monday, March 21, 2016 8:52 AM