none
Automated monthly report of costs by resource group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the Cost Management and Billing portal, I can get a graphical and table view of costs by resource group, which is great.  But what I'd like to do is automate running a report monthly to show that same table view of costs by resource group in a nice output Excel file and have it emailed (yes we still do that here).

What tools would I use to do this and what's the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

skigirl1

Monday, October 7, 2019 3:43 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback on this, I will keep an eye on this ability to do this, hopefully soon!

skigirl1

• Marked as answer by SkiGirl1 Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:52 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:52 PM

All replies

• You can use the Query API for richer analysis with dynamic filtering, grouping, and aggregation, or use the UsageDetails API for the full, unaggregated dataset. Is this something what you're looking for? 

Let me know if that doesn't meet your requirement!

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:30 PM
  • Update:

Got it confirmed by the product group that this is an item in their product backlog and should be available soon. But we do not have a publicly shareable ETA for now.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 10:06 AM
  • Hi - I looked into this, but the closest I can get so far is a list of resources in a resource group, not a nice sum of the costs. . . but maybe it's my inadequacy in coding.

skigirl1

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:50 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback on this, I will keep an eye on this ability to do this, hopefully soon!

skigirl1

• Marked as answer by SkiGirl1 Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:52 PM
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:52 PM