none
Need to selectively use various sub-reports for a headings . . . RRS feed

• Question

• I have three different sub-reports that I use, based on a field in a Default Table that gives me the "tblReportHeadings_001", "002", "003" needed for the particular event at hand. . .right now I manually rename the sub-report as the default one for the overall report.

Is there a way to read that field in the Default Table (with the report name) and display that sub-report automatically?

Monday, January 21, 2019 8:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is there a way to read that field in the Default Table (with the report name) and display that sub-report automatically?

Hi Big Itch,

When opening the report you can pass the value of the field in the Default Table through the OpenArgs argument. In the Open or Load event of the report you the can take the appropriate actions depending on the values in the OpenArgs property of the report.

Imb.

Monday, January 21, 2019 9:22 PM
  • OK . . .thanks . . have no clue how to do that, but I'll explore that option . . .
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:25 PM
  • OK . . .thanks . . have no clue how to do that, but I'll explore that option . . .

Hi Big Itch,

Carefully study the Help in Access regarding OpenArgs. That is the way I did it (long time ago).

Please feel free to ask additional information, if necessary.

Imb.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 7:47 PM
  • Will do . . .thanks so much for your direction.
    • Marked as answer by Big Itch Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:28 PM
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 7:49 PM