Rate and Review of Windows 8 App RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I want to add Rate and Review button to my windows store app. I added below code.

string familyName = Package.Current.Id.FamilyName;
                            await Windows.System.Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new Uri(string.Format("ms-windows-store:REVIEW?PFN={0}", familyName)));

UNfortunately, it is taking me to front page windows store app but not to "Review" page of my app.

Am I missing somem thing? Any reasons? 

Thanks.

Vamsidhar

Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:19 AM

Answers

• The review action you use in your URL is not documented.

A rate and review link will be automatically added to the app's settings pane when it is downloaded from the store. There is no supported way to explicitly link to the review page.

--Rob

Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

like Rob said, this will be automatically added to your settings pane. Have a look at the MSDN article about Guidelines for app settings. There it is explicitly mentioned.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:57 PM

All replies

• The review action you use in your URL is not documented.

A rate and review link will be automatically added to the app's settings pane when it is downloaded from the store. There is no supported way to explicitly link to the review page.

--Rob

Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Thanks Rob.

Then I need to explain the same to my client. Is there any link which mention explicitly the same. If so, please point me it will be helpful.

Thanks.

Vamsidhar

Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Hi,

like Rob said, this will be automatically added to your settings pane. Have a look at the MSDN article about Guidelines for app settings. There it is explicitly mentioned.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the appropriate post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:33 PM
  • Your code is correct, but it will start working after your app is uploaded on the store because until you don't upload the app, the store app can't find your app and hence its review page.
    Monday, October 7, 2013 5:44 AM
  • So, what should I do to make a Rate button in my app ?
    Monday, March 10, 2014 2:47 PM
  • You don't need to do anything beyond publishing the app.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:21 AM
  • I am using the method explained on this site: "http://windevlab.blogspot.in/2014/08/add-rate-and-review-button-in-windows-8.html" and it is working for me perfectly.
    Saturday, August 23, 2014 5:38 PM