none
Bypassing resume from hibernation error message RRS feed

• Question

• I just recently got an error resuming from hibernation, so the machine restarted but now it's stuck in the boot menu asking if I want to delete the restoration data or attempt to resume from hibernation again. The problem is that this is a touchscreen only device (no keyboard) so I have no way of making a selection and there's no default option.

Is there a way to disable this completely in BCD??? Ideally I would just want to do a clean restart assuming there may be some corrupted state.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:08 PM

All replies

• Anyone got suggestions? At this point, I don't have a way of recovering my devices if a resume from hibernation failure occurs since they don't have any keyboards.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:34 PM
  • Sorry for the delay in reply. I checked with the Windows feature team that own this - unfortunately there's no way to enforce a default in the BCD store or otherwise on Win7. They have made note of your scenario and the problem and will consider fixing it for a future release. Meanwhile, I will look for a workaround and update this thread if I find one.

Btw - Which hardware are you using ?

Also, please contact product support and file a bug for this issue.

Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] - This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Srikanth, thanks for looking into this! I'll submit a bug and I definitely appreciate any suggestions your team might come up with.

The hardware is standard COTS: Zotac Atom mini-itx board, OCZ Vertex Turbo SSD, and Lilliput touch-screen.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:45 PM
  • Sure. If you have trouble filing in the bug please me know.
    Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] - This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, May 14, 2010 2:59 AM