none
Bing Maps for Windows 8 Release Preview RRS feed

• Question

• Current Bing Maps SDK has been affected by the change reported in the Migration Guide from CP to RP:

Replacing Windows.UI.Xaml.Input.PointerEventArgs with Windows.UI.Xaml.Input.PointerRoutedEventArgs 

Is there any solution to use current SDK or shall we wait for a new version? 

Need some help, please.

Thanks!

Saturday, June 2, 2012 4:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• I would also like to know the plans for the next release, anything public yet? ETA?
    Sunday, June 3, 2012 11:26 PM
  • I have the same issue.

I doubt my code at first........

Monday, June 4, 2012 2:29 PM
  • Me too...

Wait or doing what ?

Yves Pflieger

Monday, June 4, 2012 3:34 PM
  • According to Q & A threads on Visual Studio gallery site, the SDK update is coming later today. http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/0c341dfb-4584-4738-949c-daf55b82df58

http://tozon.info/blog/

Monday, June 4, 2012 4:02 PM
  • That would be nice, but it is not there as of Tuesday, June 5, 1:00 PM Eastern US time.  When it does arrive, I assume that the above link wioll be the place.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:49 PM
  • Any update on this?

I've gotten to the point in my app where I can't really continue developing without starting on the maps stuff.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:07 AM
  • Yes, the best source & up to date information is the Q & A section on the above gallery link. As of now, the latest update is:

"We ran into issues getting through the release gates. We are working hard to get it out ASAP but I am waiting for information on what else we need to do to pass these gates. I will post as soon as I know a new date. Sorry for the delay."

http://tozon.info/blog/

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 1:02 AM
  • The SDK has been uploaded, happy coding in RP!
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:55 AM
  • This is a help, but I don't think we are quite there.

With the new SDK, I can

1. add a Bing map to a Visual C# Windows Metro style Blank App.

2.  add a MapLayer to the map and then add pushpins to that layer.

But I cannot add a TileLayer.  Trying that produces an error.  If I don't set the TileSource, I receive an "unspecified error".  If I set the TileSource, I receive the message of "an unhandled exception of type System.AccessViolationException with additional information of Attempted to read or write protected memory".

I am using the same simple code that worked with the previous SDK in Visual Studio 11 Beta.  It is the same code basically that is in the AI Reference  MapTileLayer Class subsection listed below

MapTileLayer tileLayer = new MapTileLayer();
    tileLayer.TileSource = "http://www.microsoft.com/maps/isdk/ajax/layers/lidar/{quadkey}.png";
    map.TileLayers.Add(tileLayer);
    map.SetView(new Location(48.03, -122.42), 11);

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, June 8, 2012 12:27 AM
  • Well, I posted too soon.  Things are a bit odd it seems. 

To display a TileLayer, you apparently do not have to use map.TileLayers.Add(tileLayer);

All you need to do is set the TileSource.

Friday, June 8, 2012 12:36 AM
  • I should add something to my previous posts

I was puting map.TileLayers.Add(tileLayer); after page initiializaitn.  If I had instead put it in the page loaded event, there would have been no error and everything would have been fine.  I won't go into how I was getting it to display by just setting the TilSource other than to say that in some code elsewhere dealing with opacity I was actually adding the tile layer.

Moral of the story: Waint an hour or so before you post something.

Friday, June 8, 2012 1:41 AM
  • Thanks William, we'll investigate and get back to you. You definitely should not be getting access violations doing this.
    Friday, June 8, 2012 4:26 PM
  • We've fixed this and pushed a new release to the gallery. Thanks for letting us know about it William.
    Friday, June 8, 2012 11:32 PM
  • We've fixed this and pushed a new release to the gallery. Thanks for letting us know about it William.

The version number hasn't changed on the download page, only the date. The Visual Studio Extension Manager doesn't see an update (probably because the version number is unchanged)

Saturday, June 9, 2012 1:35 PM
  • It's a shortcoming of our current versioning system and having to push something out on short notice. You'll have to uninstall and reinstall.
    Monday, June 11, 2012 3:37 PM