none
some question about the policykey RRS feed

• Question

• 1 . i only get the policy key when the server ask the policy?  can i get a policy key from server like hotmail?

2 .My Http header has a policy key header (the policy key is 0),and  the server tell me Error 449 when i request to google app, but the hotmail is fine, no error,why?

3.the provision command different with setting command?

4 the ping command , did it will be block the thread?  it is a long connection?

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Arthur, I will try to address each of your questions separately…

1. Ionly get the policy key when the server ask the policy?  can i get a policy key from server like hotmail?
    It's not clear what you are asking. The PolicyKey is sent to the client in the Provision command response. The client is expected to save this value to be used in future requests. The protocol does not specify a way to request the current PolicyKey from the server. If Hotmail provides this functionality then it is an implementation specific feature of Hotmail, but is outside the scope of the protocol documentation.

My Http header has a policy key header (the policy key is 0),and  the server tell me Error 449 when i request to google app, but the hotmail is fine, no error,why?

Questions about non-Microsoft products should be directed to their respective forum or support channel. You might want to try posting your question in the following forum: Google Apps Platform Forum

3. The provision command different with setting command?

It's not clear what you are asking. Please review the documentation and clarify your question. The       documentation for each command can be found at the following locations.

4. The ping command , did it will be block the thread?  it is a long connection?
    The protocol documentation only describes the over-the-wire behavior. Questions about thread management and performance are considered out-of-scope as they are more related to the implementation and server environment.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Monday, August 26, 2013 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your question. One of our team members will follow-up soon.

Thanks,

Edgar

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your question. I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching your questions and will provide you with an update soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:33 AM
  • Hi Arthur, I will try to address each of your questions separately…

1. Ionly get the policy key when the server ask the policy?  can i get a policy key from server like hotmail?
    It's not clear what you are asking. The PolicyKey is sent to the client in the Provision command response. The client is expected to save this value to be used in future requests. The protocol does not specify a way to request the current PolicyKey from the server. If Hotmail provides this functionality then it is an implementation specific feature of Hotmail, but is outside the scope of the protocol documentation.

My Http header has a policy key header (the policy key is 0),and  the server tell me Error 449 when i request to google app, but the hotmail is fine, no error,why?

Questions about non-Microsoft products should be directed to their respective forum or support channel. You might want to try posting your question in the following forum: Google Apps Platform Forum

3. The provision command different with setting command?

It's not clear what you are asking. Please review the documentation and clarify your question. The       documentation for each command can be found at the following locations.

4. The ping command , did it will be block the thread?  it is a long connection?
    The protocol documentation only describes the over-the-wire behavior. Questions about thread management and performance are considered out-of-scope as they are more related to the implementation and server environment.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Monday, August 26, 2013 8:32 PM