none
How To Install a PowerPoint add-in (PPAM) file on MAC OSX RRS feed

• Question

• I have created the PPAM, it works fine. Am successful in working in sandboxed environment of 2016.

For a PC I would put the PPAM file in the Addins folder under the AppData path and make a registry change for it to load.

For a MAC,

Where is the best place to put the PPAM File?

How do you programmatically get it to load? (I would rather not tell a thousand people to go to Tools menu... etc.)

I have made DMG files as MAC installers before, so I can get the files on the machines easily enough.

Thanks for your help,

Bart

Bart Teems

Monday, January 30, 2017 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Bart Teems,

do you mean you are trying to load the file from Addin?

if so then place the file in the same location where  your addin is installed.

you had  mentioned that you had made DMG file as installer.

did you try to save file on that location where file installed.

if not then you can try to test.

here we don't have MAC environment to test so we are unable to test.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:57 AM
  • No, that is not the issue.

I need to distribute this PPAM to about a thousand users. I want to make an applescript command that will instruct PowerPoint to load this PPAM on startup. 

Is there a way to automate PowerPoint to do this?

Thanks,

Bart

Bart Teems

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:56 PM
  • Hi Bart Teems,

if you are using VBA then you can create "Autoexec Macro".

that will run on startup.

so you can load your PPAM file.

but you had mentioned that,"I want to make an applescript command that will instruct PowerPoint to load this PPAM on startup."

I don't have knowledge to create Apple script.

I find a link related with that can help you.

Run AppleScript on startup (background)

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:02 AM