none
Searching for a mobile solution: non-standard power adaptor jack for Kinect2 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello, 

I am looking for a solution to get the Kinect2 truly mobile in order to shoot 3D footage outside. I have bought an iAnker mobile power pack with 20000mAh only to find out that despite all the connectors which were delivered with it, none of them are matching the jack of the alpha breakout box. 

There are hacks out there describing how to solder 2 wires into the kinect to get rid of the break out box altogether (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openkinect/fc2Iq9XSkIo), yet I would rather like to keep it as-is. 

So basically, I am looking for a description of the connector - where to get it, or how to eventually make an adaptor for it.

Anyone? Any help much appreciated.

multimedial.de

KINECT V2

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:12 PM

All replies

• The power jack from the developer preview version was from an xbox360 (slim/standard). If you found one of those I suppose you could splice it to your power pack. I have done the two wire soldering hack without much trouble, and it means that you dont have to carry around the breakout board. You can simply plug in a usb3 from the kinect to the computer. 

Splicing the xbox360 cable will still require some care. You may have more luck using the release version of the breakout board, those connectors look more standard.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:08 PM