none
How to capture movements happening inside our human body using Kinect RRS feed

• Question

• Please anybody answer my question, whether kinect can able to detect following movements inside our human body:-

1. Blood vessel movement inside human body 

2. Digestive motion

3. Rib movement of human chest

If the above process is possible with kinect then how it can be achieved ?

Advance Thanks for your answer :)

Samkisen

Friday, May 3, 2013 6:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Samkisen,
    the Kinect device don't utilize sensors able to see inside a body.

I suggest you to search ultrasonography technologies.
    Try as keywords “COLOR DOPPLER”, “CONTINOUS DOPPLES”, “POWER DOPPLER”…

Saturday, May 4, 2013 12:35 AM
  • It is not possible with the Kinect Device to see that. 

Vuyiswa Maseko

Saturday, May 4, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Thanks clemente and maseko.

But with 3D view, is it possible to take the movement of the chest alone.

Sunday, May 5, 2013 11:55 AM
  • Yes, you can monitor the position of any (external) surface visible to the camera. Depending on the specifics of what you are trying to do, you will either want to read the depth frames directly, or possibly use Kinect Fusion.

John | Kinect for Windows development team

Monday, May 6, 2013 6:25 PM
  • Thanks John  J

I had done with depth frame to measure the movement of the chest. Since i am taking the depthframe related to skeleton points, i have taken the spine depth value for calculating the chest movement. But what happens is that whenever the person is moving forward or backward and also for little movements done by the person, the depth values are changing continuously. Bcoz of that i could not come in to conclusion that it is exactly the movement of the chest.

Yes, i agree that it is possible to monitor the position by using depth frame. But I didn’t research on kinect fusion. Since our chest will move very little when we are in relax position. Is it possible to measure this little movements using kinect fusion.

Since i have to invest more for using kinect fusion technology. But if it is really worth of isolating exact chest movement alone then i would go for it.

Otherwise i have to use Point cloud library.

(Please tell me how to isolate the chest movement alone by using  kinect fusion or Point Cloud Library(PCL) )

I am eagerly waiting for your answers John. J

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:50 AM
  • It seems, based on the description you've given, that Kinect Fusion may not be the right solution.

If the subject is moving forward or backward, I agree it will probably be very difficult to distinguish that movement from chest movement alone. If what you really want is to measure the distance between the front surface of the chest and the back, then you'll need to position the camera such that the subject is being viewed in profile.

I've not used PCL myself, so I'll leave advice on the applicability of that solution to someone more experienced with it.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:33 AM
  • Thanks John J

No i am not saying like that, if kinect fusion is able to give right solution that i am looking for, then i will definitely choose it.

Since i am a newbie to "Kinect Fusion" i dont know much about it.

I will be happy, if kinect fusion detects the frontal chest movement alone and also please suggest me how to detect the voxel movements of chest alone using kinect fusion.

Again Thanks for your forthcoming answers.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 9:07 AM
  • Kinect Fusion is more typically useful for constructing a 3D model by capturing a scene or object from multiple camera angles (moving the camera around, or rotating the object in front of the camera). This doesn't necessarily seem like a good match for your scenario.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 6:00 PM

• Thanks John again for your answers. J

Please don't get frustrated why this guy is asking again and again.  Since i am in critical stage of my project about measuring the movement of chest.

how to find where a human is standing inside the room using kinect fusion.

to be more specific

1. I want the x, y and z axis of the person inside the room using kinect fusion.
    2. to be very specific, i want to get the x,y and z axis of the person's chest inside the room using kinect fusion.

Expecting your reply this time also john.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:08 AM