Querying a snapshot of data from a content DB - Lost title field RRS feed

• Question

• Through a series of requests a set of three identical lists exist that hold information for three groups of peoples exist. Management now wants reporting on these lists on demand with parameters from the joined data from these three lists. All of the data is of course somewhere in the content database which we understand should not be queried directly in a working farm. So we have taken a snapshot of the data and stored it on another server.

We are able to safgely look at the data from the snapshot and pull reports except for one field. That would be the title field for these lists. I cannot find this field in the alluserdata table where all of the other fields are. Can someone tell me where this information might exist?

If I knew they were goning to want this sort of reportin gfrom the beginning I would have created this whole mess way different. As it is, we are pretty far down this path. :(
    • Edited by Lalewicz Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:23 PM
    • Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Friday, September 16, 2011 6:04 AM q
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:22 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the delay I got caught up.

Here is what I've found. The two pictures will show the list and the corresponding data and pointing to the Title field specifically.

-tom daly
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:58 AM

All replies

• Are u looking for the Title of the Lists? or the title field in the lists themselves?

-tom daly
    Friday, September 16, 2011 2:35 AM
  • I am looking for the field that corresponds to the required "Title" field in the list. In my case I had renamed it to Employee, however I do not see a field called title, tp_title, nor employee in the all user data for  that list. All of the other fields are there and fairly easy to retrieve.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Sorry for the delay I got caught up.

Here is what I've found. The two pictures will show the list and the corresponding data and pointing to the Title field specifically.

-tom daly
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:58 AM
  • Yes of course you are right. I actually believe the title field will always be that nvarchar1 since it is baked in and cannot be deleted.

I actually did not look at my problem close enough and the field I was looking for was not the title field but a person with presence field which hooks into AD info somewhere somehow.

Naturaly we ended up doing a work around. ;)

Sorry for any confusion this question may have caused.

L.

Monday, October 10, 2011 8:21 PM