none
Source machines with no heartbeat [error 78174] RRS feed

• Question

• This article speaks directly to my issue - However, it lacks some details to actually be useful.

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/blob/master/articles/site-recovery/vmware-azure-troubleshoot-replication.md

This happens due to issues with Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS). To resolve:

• Verify that the installed version of the Azure Site Recovery agent is at least 9.22.2. (WHERE? I am assuming on the ASR process server)

• Verify that VSS Provider is installed as a service in Windows Services and also verify the Component Service MMC to check that Azure Site Recovery VSS Provider is listed. (MORE DETAILS, I am not exactly sure what/how this should be validated.)

• If the VSS Provider is not installed, refer the installation failure troubleshooting article.

• If VSS is disabled, (Are these installed on the Source Servers? I am guessing yes)

• Verify that the startup type of the VSS Provider service is set to Automatic.
      • Restart the following services:
        • VSS service (I ASSUME, this is actually "Volume Shadow Copy")
        • Azure Site Recovery VSS Provider
        • VDS service (What is this service really called? Virtual Disk? should it be set to automatic?)

Monday, June 17, 2019 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Verify that the installed version of the Azure Site Recovery agent is at least 9.22.2. (WHERE? I am assuming on the ASR process server)

Answer: I believe they mean the process server yes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verify that VSS Provider is installed as a service in Windows Services and also verify the Component Service MMC to check that Azure Site Recovery VSS Provider is listed. (MORE DETAILS, I am not exactly sure what/how this should be validated.)

Answer: You can get the list of VSS providers by running the following command in a Command Prompt:

vssadmin list provides

If VSS is disabled, (Are these installed on the Source Servers? I am guessing yes)

Answer: Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VSS service (I ASSUME, this is actually "Volume Shadow Copy")

Answer: Yes, VSS stands for Volume Shadow Copy and they mean the Volume Shadow Copy service.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VDS service (What is this service really called? Virtual Disk? should it be set to automatic?

Answer: The VDS service is the Virtual Disk service.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Monday, June 17, 2019 3:50 PM