locked
Astoria failing on a clean Machine RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am running a Virtual PC image that is a clean install of W2K3 (SP2). I've installed the 3.5 Framework, Entity Framework and Astoria (Sept versions). I occassionally get a WCF error but I haven't turned on WCF debugging yet.  When I navigate directly to the service endpoint I get:

     

    - <Fault xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/2005/05/envelope/none">
    - <Code>
      <Value>Receiver</Value>
    - <Subcode>
      <Value xmlns:a="http://schemas.microsoft.com/net/2005/12/windowscommunicationfoundation/dispatcher">a:InternalServiceFault</Value>
      </Subcode>
      </Code>
    - <Reason>
      <Text xml:lang="en-US">The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs.</Text>
      </Reason>
      </Fault>
     
    It doesn't look like WCF is configured via the web.config so I am a little unsure of where to enable the debugging. Any clues? (If this is a known issue I can wait for the next build of Astoria)
    Friday, October 19, 2007 8:46 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi Shawn.

     

    In the web.config of your Astoria Service there most be a section like this:

     

    <system.serviceModel>

    <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true"/>

    </system.serviceModel>

     

    This sections "controls" the WCF Services and I guess this includes Astoria Services, so I think you have to get it like this:

     

    <system.serviceModel>

    <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true"/>

    <behaviors>

    <serviceBehaviors>

    <behavior name="ServiceBehavior">

    <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true"/>

    <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true"/>

    </behavior>

    </serviceBehaviors>

    </behaviors>

    </system.serviceModel>

     

     

    Give it a try... and let me know if it was helpful.

    Friday, October 19, 2007 3:16 PM
  • D'oh!

     

    This didn't give me better debugging information but I did find the problem.  the Astoria service end-point is case sensitive so:

     

    http://localhost/productdataservice.svc failed but

     

    http://localhost/ProductDataService.svc didn't.

     

    My Bad!

     

    Friday, October 19, 2007 8:35 PM