Visual Studio 2015 Service Fabric Project. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I've been trying to install and create a service fabric project in Visual Studio 2015. I've installed the main Visual Studio Azure pack (VWDOrVs2015AzurePack.exe) using the web installer as well as the SDK preview (1.5.175). I've created a new standard service fabric project within VS and have selected the stateful service option. I've then hit F5 to run. It errors with the message "Unable to start debugging. %1". Upon clicking "OK", Visual Studio 2015 crashes. If I just build it - it will build successfully. I'm also running VS as admin. I've also tried uninstalling everything Azure (with a reboot) and reinstalling (with another reboot), but still get the same issue.

This nice little error also appears within the event viewer (with .NET Runtime as the source):

Application: devenv.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
    Stack:
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c__DisplayClass2.<ThrowAsync>b__3(System.Object)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTaskFactory+SingleExecuteProtector.TryExecute()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTaskFactory+SingleExecuteProtector+<>c.<.cctor>b__20_0(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Any idea if this is related to a known issue? Any help appreciated. I'm also on Windows 7 Enterprise sp1 - 64bit. The cluster itself appears to be up and running as shown in http://localhost:19080/Explorer/index.html#/tab/clustermap with 5 green nodes.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 5:41 PM

Answers

• I tried to reproduce your situation. I was unable to. I upgraded from
    Microsoft Azure Service Fabric SDK 1.4.87.9494
    to
    Microsoft Azure Service Fabric SDK Preview - 1.5.175
    Then I created a new cloud solution with a stateless and a stateful service. I ran F5 and both services are working just fine as indicated by the trace messages in the Diagnostic Event Viewer.

Have you tried removing Visual Studio Azure pack to see whether that is a contributing cause? I don't have any of the Azure Pack products on my machine.

Best Regards, David K Allen <a href="http://codecontracts.info">http://codecontracts.info</a> Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Friday, March 11, 2016 2:21 PM