none
Import sharepoint files into excel via vba RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have problems importing excel files which are uploaded in our sharepoint online.

Before we migrated to the office 365 e1 plan we had no problems to import the excel file via macro in excel because it was saved to a network drive.

But now the files are saved in the cloud, this is not working anymore.

How can I make a connection with sharepoint online from excel 2010 using vba?

Thank you for your assistance.

Kr,

Thomas

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 1:52 PM

All replies

• >>>How can I make a connection with sharepoint online from excel 2010 using vba?

According to your description, you could refer to below code then modify these code based on your requirement:

Dim sharepointAddress As String
    Dim fileName as string

'where you will enter your location path
    sharepointAddress = "https://microsoft.sharepoint.com/Documents/"
    fileName="your file name"

Workbooks.Open Filename:=sharepointAddress & fileName

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:14 AM
  • Thank you for your answer.

I will give it a try.

In fact, in the macro you have an import functionality where you have to select the folder which contains all the excel files to import.

But sharepoint is not shown in the windows explorer.

I have tried to create a favorite folder, but the files were not imported. Do I need to map sharepoint as a network drive? That gives currently also an error.

Other options?

Kr,

Thomas

Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:01 AM
  • >>>In fact, in the macro you have an import functionality where you have to select the folder which contains all the excel files to import.

Could you provide more information about this issue, for example the macro that you select the folder which contains all the excel files to import, screenshot, errors? That will help us reproduce and resolve your issue.

Otherwise if you want to map Sharepoint as a network drive, you could refer to this helpful link: How to configure and to troubleshoot mapped network drives that connect to SharePoint Online sites in Office 365

Thanks for your understanding.

Friday, December 25, 2015 6:47 AM