none
LINQ DATABASE APP RRS feed

• Question

• Using VS2010.  I have a procedure that provides me with everything I need to do: Select, edit, update, delete and insert new data.  It works fine, but when I try to develop it from scratch, I get as far as adding the procedures for anything but the original selection, and have had no success.  The specific help for what I am trying to do is not easy to come by.  I try various things via trial error, but I should not have to if the help was easier to use.  Then, there is the issue of security violations that pop up here and there, but I will address those in a separate question.
    eps123
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hi eps123,

I have download your project. Based on the issue, you have the datasource as your data control, I think you can get more help from this forum.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, December 30, 2011 5:07 AM

All replies

• Hi eps123;

A question like this is difficult to answer without have some code to look at.

To your statement, "but when I try to develop it from scratch, I get as far as adding the procedures for anything but the original selection", can you post the code in the "original selection",

What type of project is this Windows Form, Web App, ...

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Hi eps123,

Welcome to MSDN Forum!

Based on the issue, in order to help you more effectively, could you please post the code here?

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    • Marked as answer by eps123 Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:48 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Allen_MSDNModerator Friday, December 30, 2011 5:07 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:18 AM
  • Hi eps123,

Have you solved the issue? If you have any problems, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    Friday, December 16, 2011 2:07 AM
  • Sorry for not getting back until now.  Problem is that I don't know what code is helpful for you to help me.  I have the code for the working application (out of a book) which is where I want to go.  Also, I have the non-working code, but I think that my problem is that I do not know how to get there.  What I think I need to do in VS2010 is to configure a query, identify it as a "UPDATE", "INSERT" or "DELETE"  query, and then supply the write sql to get it done.  I will appreciate any feedback on whether I'm in the right ballpark, and how to do it.  

I will now submit this reply, and then try to find links to my files that I can provide you.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=1716e1d78dcbf8ce&resid=1716E1D78DCBF8CE!111&parid=1716E1D78DCBF8CE!129

eps123
    • Edited by eps123 Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:36 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:58 PM
  • Hi eps123,

I have download your project. Based on the issue, you have the datasource as your data control, I think you can get more help from this forum.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    Friday, December 30, 2011 5:07 AM