none
"Debug Capability Test (Logo)" - BUG RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I am running the test "Debug Capability Test (Logo)" and the test status is always at "running" status. I am trying to cancel the test but nothing happens.

I have already tryed:

1) Reboot AP Host.
    2) Reboot HCK Server.

3) Reboot SUT.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Felipe,

It's not the Debug Capability Test Bug because I already experience that kind of bug but with the different Test Name. I thinks it is on the HCK software. The last time that I experience that bug is I unchecked the Machine on the selection tab and check it again but all your previous test on that machine will gone and back to the zero.

• Marked as answer by Felipe Alm Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:47 PM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 1:23 AM

All replies

• Are you using NET protocol ?

If it is ,how many NICs on your SUT ?

I remember I hit a similiar issue when using only 1 NIC on SUT ,add a extra NIC for commnunication with HCK controller will workaound this issue .

Best Regards, Mike

• Proposed as answer by YAMPSZ Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:46 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by YAMPSZ Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:46 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Hi Felipe,

It's not the Debug Capability Test Bug because I already experience that kind of bug but with the different Test Name. I thinks it is on the HCK software. The last time that I experience that bug is I unchecked the Machine on the selection tab and check it again but all your previous test on that machine will gone and back to the zero.

• Marked as answer by Felipe Alm Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:47 PM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 1:23 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem.

The test is running and it's stopped in this state: Reboot the target since hours.

I don't know what to do. Both the machines in pool are in Ready state, not running.

In fact I can run others tests in the meanwhile.

I pass 94/110 tests so I don't wanna repeat all of them.

I hope that someone can give me a solution.

Thank regards

Matteo

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 4:00 PM
  • Which protocol are you using for this job ? Can  your  Debug Host  visit msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols ?

Best Regards, Mike

Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:57 AM
  • Hi Mike, I use net as transport parameter of the test.

I put also NetHostIp and BusParams but the test fails.

I created a new project only to try to pass this test but it fails again. My debug host cannot visit the page: msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols.

I found this forum: http://www.datazx.cn/Forums/en-US/c85f4d8c-30b4-42f6-8b45-d991ed5dd60e/action?threadDisplayName=debug-capability-test-logo-error-test-timed-out-waiting-for-the-kernel-debugger-to-break-in&forum=whck .

In fact I have this error sometimes (Error: test timed out waiting for the kernel debugger to break in) , so I'm going to install WinDbg on the host pc, maybe it can do something good.

I have already istalled windows symbols but nothing changed ( Windows RT 8.1 ARM, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 Symbols) from here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463028, the retail symbols package.

Another strange thing is that sometimes the test run but I cannot see the steps of the test passed or not: the hourglass remains near those steps and the test fails without execute them.

In the new project I put TEST1 as SUT and TEST2 (not in the project but in the same pool) but the test works always on TEST2 and I don't know why.

TEST1 has 2 NICs as the test needs (because test uses always this machine as host pc).

Thank Mike

Regards

Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:08 PM
  • Hi Mike I pass the test! I used the serial approach to pass it.

Thanks for your support

Bye

Thursday, May 21, 2015 4:27 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem and no has yet to solve.

1. I did at the beginning of the test NET protocol and stopped at reboot.

2. I did the test with SERIAL and I also have a problem (error description)

SUCCEEDED(hr): Attach to the kernel debugger, most failures here are due to invalid connection parameters: 80070002 - Value (0x80070002) WexTraceInfo ThreadId=6476 ProcessId=5252 TimeStamp=28513187206 
     WexContext Verify

SUCCEEDED(hr): Send break-in request: 8000ffff - Value (0x8000ffff) WexTraceInfo ThreadId=1288 ProcessId=5252 TimeStamp=28615521318 
     WexContext Verify

Test Authoring and Execution Framework: TE.Host v4.16k for x64
    Structured exception was encountered: 0xC0000005 - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    dbgeng.dll!DebugCreate+0x25e6
    dbgeng.dll!DebugCreate+0x2c5c
    dbgeng.dll+0x6c07e
    dbgeng.dll+0x6bf4d
    kdlt.dll!?KernelDebugLogoTestXhciDevice_GetTestMethodMetadata@KernelDebugLogoTest@@SAPEBUTestPropertyMetadata@WEX@@XZ+0x3b6
    kdlt.dll!KernelDebugLogoTestXhciDevice+0xb25
    kdlt.dll!?KernelDebugLogoTestXhciDevice_GetTestMethodMetadata@KernelDebugLogoTest@@SAPEBUTestPropertyMetadata@WEX@@XZ+0x98
    TE.Loaders.dll+0x10125
    TE.Host.dll!?HostApplicationRun@@YAHXZ+0x166c
    Te.Common.dll!?Initialize@CommandThread@TestExecution@WEX@@QEAAX_K@Z+0x2fb
    Te.Common.dll!?Initialize@CommandThread@TestExecution@WEX@@QEAAX_K@Z+0x4e0
    Te.Common.dll!?Initialize@CommandThread@TestExecution@WEX@@QEAAX_K@Z+0x40e
    KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk+0x22
    ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart+0x34
    If the stack trace above was incomplete, please set the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable.
     WexTraceInfo ThreadId=1288 ProcessId=5252 TimeStamp=28649747839 
     WexContext TAEF

Regards

PSZ

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 10:55 AM
  • Hi, Did you set _NT_SYMBOL_PATH env ?

Best Regards, Mike

Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:38 PM
  • Try following steps:

1.set _NY_SYMBOL_PATH env on *testing* VM eg SRV*C:\symbols\*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

2.set _NT_SYMBOL_proxy env on *testing* vm if needed 

3.set the testing VM into debug mode ,#msconfig ...

4.reboot *test VM*

5.download Windbg from HCK server and intall it 

6. enable self-debug mode and waiting for guest download symbols 

7.set _NT_SYMBOL_PATH to debug VM

8.copy symbols to debug VM

9, then rerun the test

Best Regards, Mike

Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:52 PM
  • Hi, thanks for your help, now running and I pass the test :)
    Friday, August 28, 2015 8:11 AM