Team Alerts Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• TFS 2013 Update 4

I setup team alerts this morning, then created some test bugs and tasks for users. It appears that this is not working to send out emails.

Previously, I setup an alert to notify me when a build in a project failed, and I DID receive an email for that earlier today. Is this a case of it needing to replicate through the system before it actually works?

Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:38 PM

Answers

• Apparently, if the team isn't put under 'Contributor', then emails don't get sent. 

Resolved.

Monday, March 7, 2016 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hi BossHogg20, 

Thanks for your post.

In your TFS 2013 Update 4 Admin Console, click Send Test Email to send a test email, ensure you can receive this test email successfully.

If Send Test Email works fine, check and ensure below two things when create Team alert:

1. Ensure there’s users existed in your team.
    2. If only your account in team group, and you want receive this work item team alert after you create/edit work item, you need remove below alert filter from your team alert definition:

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 4, 2016 5:55 AM
  • To humor you, I sent one successfully, but I already mentioned that my 'Build Fail' alerts come through just fine.

I created a test bug and task for me and a member of my team that is listed. Are you telling me that every team alert needs to have 'Authorized As' removed? If that is the case, why is this defaulted in the system?

Friday, March 4, 2016 3:05 PM
  • Hi BossHogg20,  

Thanks for your reply.

If the member/user who create or edit the work item want receive this work item alerts too, you need remove that ‘Authorized As’ from alert definition.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, March 7, 2016 1:50 AM
  • I have no idea what that means.

But, here is what needs to happen:

The Team Alert was setup, so any user who has something assigned to them, or there are changes to a work item assigned to them, should receive an alert. Rather or not they created it, that is the point.

'Authorized As' shouldn't be the default setting for these queries if that is not the case.

Monday, March 7, 2016 3:57 PM
  • Apparently, if the team isn't put under 'Contributor', then emails don't get sent. 

Resolved.

Monday, March 7, 2016 5:20 PM
  • Hi BossHogg20,  

Thanks for your experience here.

As it’s resolved, could we close this post now?

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 2:21 AM