none
Send Email for Approval RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Just curious if its possible to send/forward an email for approval using a user-defined email address (internal email address).

Im trying to develop an Outlook Add-in that when user tries to send an email to any internet user will be prompted to select from a list of "Approvers" (say from a combo box). After selecting an approver, email will be send/forwarded to approver. When approved, it will send out the email else send an NDR.

I know transport rule in Exchange can do this, but its limited to the sender's Manager or a list of people. User can't choose.

Thanks in advanced.

Rgds,

JD

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:46 PM

Answers

• Hello JD,

> When approved, it will send out the email else send an NDR.

If you want to get emails sent you need to have an add-in installed on the approver PC. Outlook doesn't provide anything for that. All you can do is to use the VotingOptions and VotingResponse properties of the MailItem class to get a response from the approver. 

• Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:53 AM
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:58 AM

All replies

• Hello JD,

> When approved, it will send out the email else send an NDR.

If you want to get emails sent you need to have an add-in installed on the approver PC. Outlook doesn't provide anything for that. All you can do is to use the VotingOptions and VotingResponse properties of the MailItem class to get a response from the approver. 

• Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:53 AM
    Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:58 AM
  • Hi Eugene,

I will look on VotingOptions and VotingReponse direction.

I will update you. Thank you so much.

Rgds,

JD

Monday, June 29, 2015 8:34 AM
  • You are welcome, JD!
    Monday, June 29, 2015 9:35 AM