Beldn 3.0 Sample Data not working RRS feed

• Question

• My first 30 clicks into using the Sample Data feature and its exploded.

I have a FunkyPagedListBox inheriting from ListBox (I've not tried a normal ListBox for I am having trouble caring for the forever broken Blend) and when I drag and drop the collection under my sample data onto my FunkyPagedListBox it throws this:

Unable to cast object of type ‘_SampleData.v7.GuideSearchResultsSampleDataItemCollection’ to type ‘System.Windows.Data.CollectionView’

If I drag and drop the data itself (the parent of the collection with an icon of a squashed hexagon) it binds the DataContext of the list box but no items appear - probably because this is just the DataContext and no binding exists to the ItemSource for the control --- and doing that causes the exception above.

How can it be that the company that makes Visual Studio can also make this closely related, yet awful Blend product?

Friday, January 22, 2010 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi LukeSkywalker,

I tried to create a inheriting ListBox then dragged a sample Data collection, cannot generate the error you described. Is it possible that I can get a copy of zipped files of your crushed project?

harryh.ms at hotmail.com

Thanks, Harry Huang [MSFT]
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:48 AM