how to drop file extension when exporting? RRS feed

• Question

• Newbie here, so I am sorry if this is obvious. How do I get rid of double file extension, while exporting file? I open logo.png, when klick on exporting as *png or *jpg, file name is logo.png.jpg. How do I get rid of the png part of it?
    Thank you
    Saturday, April 5, 2008 8:07 PM

Answers

• Compitus,

There is currently a bug report on the double file name but just when it will be fixed is unknown. The problem is on opening bitmap images but not with importing them. When opening a bitmap the file extension is added to the file name so that name.png becomes name.png.design. Then when you export the image the .design format is dropped but not the .png part which became a part of the file name.

It sounds like you just want to rename an image file. The best way to do that is to create a new Design document and import your image. Then right click on the image and choose export. You'll notice that the .png file name is not part of the file name.

Annie
    Sunday, April 6, 2008 9:12 PM

All replies

• in the export panel select the part you don t want and delete it or rename your file
    I must say very often myself I forget it especialy in design 2
    Saturday, April 5, 2008 9:28 PM
  • I know how to rename file, was wondering if there is any way to make Designer to drop file extension alltogether.
    Sunday, April 6, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Compitus,

There is currently a bug report on the double file name but just when it will be fixed is unknown. The problem is on opening bitmap images but not with importing them. When opening a bitmap the file extension is added to the file name so that name.png becomes name.png.design. Then when you export the image the .design format is dropped but not the .png part which became a part of the file name.

It sounds like you just want to rename an image file. The best way to do that is to create a new Design document and import your image. Then right click on the image and choose export. You'll notice that the .png file name is not part of the file name.

Annie
    Sunday, April 6, 2008 9:12 PM