One RDL file is in odd location RRS feed

• Question

• I use SSRS 2008.  I have 50 or so RDL files spread across several projects. They are all stored on the same SSRS server. Except for one, which has SOMEHOW been stored on one of our common network drives, mixed in with Excel, Word and Powerpoint files. I think I was trying to make a backup of it a few weeks ago (it's an important report) and SRRS somehow interpreted this as moving the RDL file to a new spot.

When I 'm in SSRS I regularly get bothersome warnings that this file has been edited outside of the session, and then SSRS offers to reload the file, which I decline. I really want to move this rdl file back to where it belongs on the SSRS server with the other files. I moved a copy of it there, but now I want to point SSRS to this new location. How do I do that? In the Properties window I still see the path to the common network drive and it won't let me edit that path.

Thanks for any help you can give.

-John

Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:13 PM

Answers

• Hi There

If I understand you correctly you are uploading the file to your report manager thorough the upload file?

Would that not be possibility that you can add that file inside your  project and then deploy the file to your server.

I hope then your problem might get resolved.

Many thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Lola Wang Friday, May 4, 2012 5:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by JohnRhino Friday, May 4, 2012 7:40 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi There

If I understand you correctly you are uploading the file to your report manager thorough the upload file?

Would that not be possibility that you can add that file inside your  project and then deploy the file to your server.

I hope then your problem might get resolved.

Many thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Lola Wang Friday, May 4, 2012 5:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by JohnRhino Friday, May 4, 2012 7:40 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:48 PM
  • I created an empty report. Then I just copied the xml code from the existing file into the new empty report to create an exact copy. That copy now has its rdl file in the right location. So I can delete the old report. Thanks.
    Friday, May 4, 2012 7:40 PM