none
HCK - Printers implement IEEE1284 Compatible ID (BTHPRINT) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having a new printer which has a Bluetooth (HCRP) as well as a USB interface. Currently I am running the HCK 2.1 tests on USB (USBPRINT) as well as on Bluetooth (BTHPRINT). All tests are passing except the "Printers implement IEEE1284 Compatible ID" test (Windows 8/8.1) on Bluetooth. The DevNodeTest is failing with "Error - Failed to verify device".

Initially the CID was missing, but in the meantime I have added the CID to the Bluetooth PnP string. But I am still getting the "Error - Failed to verify device" message. I am using the same PnP string which works on USB.

Is this test even valid on Bluetooth (BTHPRINT)? Should Windows recognize the Compatible ID of a Bluetooth device? Am I missing something on the firmware?  

Any help is appreciated,

Philipp

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 5:06 PM

Answers

• I have escalated this issue to Microsoft. After a few days they came back telling me that this test should only run on USB and not on Bluetooth (BTHPRINT). This is a bug in the HCK. Currently they are discussing on how to fix/bypass this test for Bluetooth.  
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 11:09 AM