none
Sendport stalls RRS feed

• Question

• Env : BTS 2010, 2010 adapter pack,2008 windows server

The send ports stalls. Ports use the Oracle adapter. These are single threaded ports, as ordered delivery is enabled on.This behaviour started  some time back and we made sure the EnableBizTalkcompatibility property is set to true for both the send ports because that has been listed as one of the causes of port stall issue.

But after that the frequency of this stalls have increased. We tried to run the MBV when the issue occured....MBV also got hung at the step of "collecting  Local perf counters".
    Only errors in event log ar PERFLIB errors ..I suspect the perflib errors are interfering  with the port funtioning..

there are 2 ports.One port is a low low vloume ..on one of the days we saw this issue, it was just processing 10 records.

Monday, June 13, 2011 9:02 PM

All replies

• What is your connection pool size? This looks to me like a deadlock due to very low connection limit. What operation is being performed?
    -- Please mark as answered if this answers your question.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:40 AM
  •  won't there be an   oracle error  because it will kill one of the dead locked vicitm ?..Its insert and update operation using stored procedure..MAx Pool is 2 and min pool is 1,incr pool is 1 and dec pool = 1.

There are no errors logged.

And its a single threaded port ..Souldn't it run with  even one connection. ?  Also when ever we had this issue  we tries recycling the Host Instance ..Nothing happens.It won't help.

We opened a ticket today and we are enabling tracing now..You think the MaxPoolsIze of 2 is the porblem?

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:04 PM
  • Yes, I think that the max pool size of 2 could be your problem. You mentioned that you have 2 send ports - connections are shared between the ports in case all the properties are the same.

Can you try changing the connection pool size to 3 (or 4?)

Friday, June 17, 2011 8:14 AM
  • But u know what one  of that ports only runs probably once in a day, probalby process 2 or 3 message a day.

Any connection pool/ conenction issue must be cleaned up  by the Host Instance re-cycle. But in  here the Host re cycle doesn't work and only think makes it work is the server re boot. That's waht's bothering me.  Waht is holding it up even after the host recycle ?

Waht do u think ?

Monday, June 20, 2011 6:53 PM
  • Manas,

We had an issue where the data coming in from the adapter were not getting parsed properly because it had some illegal characters.Probably this error happens even before the pipeline kicks in  and the mesage never get suspended because its not reachec in? How can u see/log incoming messages int hsi instance.We tries enabling the WCF trace using the PSSDiagfor BTS but that didn't help.

Monday, June 20, 2011 7:12 PM
  • you should enable tracing in the adapter as described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/dd788183(v=BTS.10).aspx under the topic "tracing within the adapter". What error do you see in your application log?
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:57 AM
  • Only errors logged is PERFLIB errors. no other errors...May be this PERFLIB errors are causing it..

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Can you try this: Set connection pool size to 2 on one port, and 3 on another. Do you see messages going into the suspended queue?
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:35 AM
  • You are asking to do this when the problem occurs  ?

or just change that settings

Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:06 PM
  • I was asking you to change the settings, and see if the problem does not happen anymore..

Monday, June 27, 2011 9:04 AM
  • We have PSSDiagfor Biztalk running for this sendhost since 2 weeks and never had the problem..PSsDiag is still running.I ahve not made any changes
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:59 PM