none
MS VS2015 HelpViewer dos not launch context senstive help in code , just Welcome to Visual Studio 2015

Question

• Hi I downloaded most of the documentation to my hard driver and set help to open in the viewer

However when I place the cursor on anything to should find. It doesnt take me to the class or syntax item. I always get the Help Home Page Welcome to Visual Studio 2015.

Vs 2015 Community Update 3. HelpViewer 2.2

What do you need to do to get it to do context sensitive help. Ie land on The Exception class if I place cursor on Exception. .NET, C#, everything is loaded locally.

Thanks

Friday, February 24, 2017 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi BobbiedD,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Firstly, please make sure that you have add and install content locally. To Install and Manage Local Content, please refer to here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh580802.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

>>However when I place the cursor on anything to should find. It doesnt take me to the class or syntax item. I always get the Help Home Page Welcome to Visual Studio 2015.

F1 provides context-sensitive search capabilities. In the code editor, you can access the Help documentation for C# keywords and .NET Framework classes by positioning the cursor on or just after the keyword or class member and pressing F1. When a dialog box or any other window has the focus, you can press F1 to obtain Help for that window.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 5:44 AM