none
recovering a project

Question

• I started creating my first Forms project using New Project in the 201 Visual Studio environment.  Then something happened, and when I opened the project using the projectname.sln file, it only loads the projectname.designer.vb file and does not open the form or the VB code into the VS environment.  If I directly open the Windowsprojectname.exe file, the form opens.   I directly open the projectname.vb file, I have my VB code.

How can I get my project running?

Can I start a new project and import several files?

Am I compelled to recreate my form piece by pieceusuing the Form Designer?

Monday, February 20, 2017 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi jimlamb1944,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

>>> Then something happened, and when I opened the project using the projectname.sln file, it only loads the projectname.designer.vb file and does not open the form or the VB code into the VS environment.

Does the projectname.vb file be loaded or any error on this file? Could you  please check the projectname.vb file whether existed in the project folder? If yes, make sure the structure of the projectname.vb and projectname.designer.vb is correct, the projectname.designer.vb file should be dependent upon the projectname.vb file. You can unload you project and edit the .vbproj, found the below code in the .vbproj:

It`s quite difficult to recover the Form project from the projectname.designer.vb. Because the projectname.designer.vb is generated automatically after the UI design. So if you want to recover your project, the most appropriate recover method is make sure the projectname.vb file existing and have a correct construction with projectname.designer.vb file.

Beside, which version of Visual Studio environment you are using? The incomplete describe 201 in your question.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 10:26 AM