Database mirroring is suspended RRS feed

• General discussion

• Database mirroring for one of the database is suspended, when I try to resume it again suspends. I have checked the SQL log in the Mirror server. I could also see some stack dump messages in sql log. Is this a bug ? This has been working for last 8 months without issues.

Env: SQL 2005 SP2+Hotfix (9.00.3159) 64 Bit EE

Excerpts from SQL Log:

While acting as a mirroring partner for database 'MOSS_SSP_SG-PROD-MOSS_StandardSSP1_Search', server instance 'SINSHPDBP3701' encountered error 3624, status 1, severity 20. Database mirroring will be suspended.  Try to resolve the error and resume mirroring.

A system assertion check has failed. Check the SQL Server error log for details. Typically, an assertion failure is caused by a software bug or data corruption. To check for database corruption, consider running DBCC CHECKDB. If you agreed to send dumps to Microsoft during setup, a mini dump will be sent to Microsoft. An update might be available from Microsoft in the latest Service Pack or in a QFE from Technical Support.

SQL Server Assertion: File: <loglock.cpp>, line=818 Failed Assertion = 'result == LCK_OK'. This error may be timing-related. If the error persists after rerunning the statement, use DBCC CHECKDB to check the database for structural integrity, or restart the server to ensure in-memory data structures are not corrupted.

• Moved by richbrownesq Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:27 AM (From:SQL Server Database Engine)
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:52 AM

All replies