none
Cannot select SharePoint Group as Contributor in Term Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

i added a User as Contributor in the term store. But the user can´t create terms.

Watch the screenshots.

This screenshot shows that the SharePoint Group "Administrator" is selected as Contributors.

Term Store

This screenshot shows the User can´t open/see the dropdown menu for creating terms

i changed the contributor from a group to specific name and this works. Its confusing because the description says i can enter also a group name in there but groups dont work.

Monday, April 24, 2017 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Atilla,

Was the group created in SharePoint site?

If yes, it is strange that you have added a “xxx\” before the group name as I see in the image.

As I know, if the group name is “administrator”, then the group displayed in the people picker will be “administrator”.

Could you please recheck if it is the right group that added into the Contributors?

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:15 PM
  • hello, if you used domain part before group name (domain\administrator), it means that you choose whether AD group or AD user, Sharepoint groups don't have domain prefix. If you want to choose Sharepoint group there click on the book icon under people picker - it will open "Select People and Groups" dialog. And in this dialog select Sharepoin Groups from the left menu.

Blog - http://sadomovalex.blogspot.com
    Dynamic CAML queries via C# - http://camlex.codeplex.com

Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:10 PM
  • Hi Victoria,

i directly select the SharePoint Group for Term Store contributors.

The user is also in that SP group. But he cannot create a term as described before.

If add the user directly as contributor he can create terms.

BR

Atilla

Friday, April 28, 2017 2:25 PM
  • Hi Atilla,

Actually, it is not supported to add SharePoint groups as Contributor in Term Store. We can select Active Directory groups instead.

http://sympmarc.com/2012/10/17/adding-sharepoint-groups-as-term-store-contributors-error/

In your scenario, SharePoint may add the "administrator" group as the local administrator account in your SharePoint server, so it has a domain prefix.

So please use active directory groups or user accounts instead as the contributor.

Best Regards,

Victoria

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:16 AM
  • Hi Atilla,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Thursday, May 4, 2017 2:40 AM