none
WCF METADATA Issue RRS feed

• Question

• "Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'net.tcp://192.168.2.116:8523/'.
    Could not connect to net.tcp://192.168.2.116:8523/. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:00.8750000. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.116:8523.
    No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.116:8523
    If the service is defined in the current solution, try building the solution and adding the service reference again."                      

Following is the issue i am facing at the moment as when i try to add a service reference to my client application.

What i cant understand is whether im facing this issue because the ip and port is not active or if there is some trouble within the metadata which helps us with the endpoint that causes the conflict from making it work normally...

Thanks in advance if you can find me an ideal solution to work it out. Ohh i did use the localhost option instead of the ip address too(didnt work); Also checked if the metadata tag has been added in the app.config file too(result is still the same).

Monday, March 14, 2011 1:23 PM

All replies

• Maybe Windows Firewall is running and is blocking traffic on this port?

Can you successfully add a reference to a .NET project?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, March 14, 2011 5:48 PM
  • Hi Ben, My Firewall is turned off at the moment and the port has not been used by any other service either. As a matter of fact, i've installed my service in my system. What i couldn't do here is adding the concern service reference to my client which i've mentioned above... That's how i got the issue i've posted yesterday... Can you tell me how to resolve this issue? I'm new to WCF.. Thank you once again.
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:08 AM